Mosow pumping plant
In 1864 the history of Moscow Pumping Plant began once iron foundries in Bolshaya Tatarskaya Street were founded, and later on they came into Dobrovykh and Nabgolts Joint-stock Corporation. At the beginning of its existence the plant went in for castings and details manufacturing. The production increased, and by the end of the 19th century the plant turned into machine works. An output of simple steam and mill machines was launched as well as of diverse hydraulic turbines of small and middle capacity, machine tools, economizers, development of cast iron and copper casting.
The most difficult period for the plant resulted to be one in the years of the Great Patriotic War.
In this hard time the plant was partly evacuated to the Urals, and many workers of the plant went out to war and national militias.
The plant has lost many people: 103 Kalinin’s men gave their lives for the freedom of their homeland.
During the War the plant has changed for military production. In order to provide the Soviet Army with weapons a release of bombs, grenades, shells, barrels and gun carriages to mortars was set up.
As the result of successful implementation of tasks in weapons production the plant was awarded with the Order of the Red Banner of Labor according to the Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR dated the 16th of September.
Once the Great Patriotic War ended the plant has extended a range of pumps issue and actively has supplied them to the restored facilities of the national economy of the country and those under construction.
The Plant named M.I. Kalinin
In the beginning of the 20th century the plant was on the top in production scale among three leading Moscow companies together with Bromley Brothers Factory and Gustav List, JSC. The modernization of the company began after the revolution of 1917. In 1927 the plant started a release of simple machines and equipment for liquids pumping.
In the 30’s of the 20th century it became a specialized plant of the Union value. That time the plant got a name of the Third State Pumping Turbine Plant of Kalinin.
The history of the plant continues...